A few nights ago Clark and I had some time to ourselves without the boys...you could say it was a spontaneous date night. At about 10:30 pm while Clark was hauling our trash cans to the curb I remembered a little pile of recycling I wanted to take out. So without a thought I dashed out the garage door, when we heard the door close behind me we both stopped in our tracks. "You didn't just close the door?!" were the words out of Clark's mouth.
Even without checking the door I knew we were locked out of the house with both little boys soundly sleeping upstairs in their beds.
I rang the doorbell and knocked like a crazy lady trying to get Ethan to wake up and let us in, but that kid sleeps through anything and didn't budge. Clark jumped a fence to try the back door, my attempt at picking the lock with a bobby pin was futile (sadly I have no criminal skills)! As much as I like a date night, it was a terrible feeling to be outside while our boys were in.
Before we panicked too much we realized Clark had his phone in his pocket. We were able to call our wonderful landlord (a family friend from Durango) and she came over in a hurry and saved the day.
I'm wanting a better date next time!
1 comment:
Oh no! Glad you got in! Are you in Portland? where? I'm in Portland right now. :)
Post a Comment