June 5, 2012

Des Moines Trip

I had been looking forward to going back to Iowa this whole past year!  We were so excited to see our friends, our old neighbors, and our church family again.  A couple of weeks before it was time to go my parents offered to watch the boys...so we had a kids free trip!  I was pretty sad to say goodbye to the boys when they dropped us off at the airport, but by the time we got through security so easily I could smell the sweet freedom!
The boys did great with no parents.  When I would talk to Caden on the phone he would say "mommy home now," but then when I told him I was still gone, he would say, "airport," in a sad little voice and then be over it.
We played hard in Iowa, we went golfing, to movies, out to dinner, to picnics, to banquets and of course graduation.  The best part of course was seeing our friends again!  We were so blessed to have the best group of friends while we were in Des Moines.  It was hard to say goodbye again, I know I will always be friends with these girls!
Megan, Jessica and their adorable baby boys that were born during this crazy past year.
Us, Karulaks, and Butterfield family.
Me, Jessica and Carolyn (so excited to see Carolyn in Colorado this fall!)
Tyler, Clark and Bryce
When we visited DMU the boys showed us where they sat and where they "learned" during the first year.  Apparently there were a lot of naps taken.
On Friday night there was a banquet for all of the graduates and family members.  It was a fun night.




Beckett was such a good baby.  He came along on all of our adventures and was so sweet!
On our drive back to the airport in Omaha we took advantage of having no kids and stopped at a few little Iowa landmarks that we had never taken the time to visit before. 
All in all it was a perfect trip!  I wouldn't have been opposed to having graduation somewhere tropical, but it was good to see our beloved Iowa again!

1 comment:

Bryce and Jessica said...

Love the pictues! ;) We miss you guys! I am excited to come visit you in CO!