After everyone else left for home we did a little off roading in the Jeep to find the perfect spot, and somehow Quinn fell asleep on Clark while we bounced along.
| Now that's a real man that can drive us through the mountains all while holding a sleeping baby. |
The boys found sticks,
and picked me some flowers.
Clark had a little too much help setting up our tent.
That night we were treated to a gorgeous full moon. It was the night before the super moon, it was so bright we could see without flashlights. After getting some dinner we tucked our exhausted cowboys in bed and all hunkered down to enjoy a nice warm 40 degree summer night.
I wish I could say it was a refreshing, wonderful night's sleep, but we have 3 boys...and a herd of elk ran past our tent at about midnight. SCARED me to death! After that I was too preoccupied planning an escape route for us to sleep.
This is how I felt in the morning:
| Did this picture scare you? |
We really did have a fun time in a beautiful place. It was great to spend time together with no distractions.
1 comment:
Glad you did it! It is so much work, but so much fun too. When we camped, the cows all came by our tent and we could hear bulls calling each other on and our tent is red, and let's just say, I understand planning escape routes!
Post a Comment