A Letter From Clark:
On April 2, 2005 I spent 30 minutes in a black Ford F-150, asking Jeff and Tammy if I might meet them in Romania to ask for Stephanie's hand in marriage. Immediately, Tammy asked, "Well, are you going to have any pets? Because, if you have pets I will NOT be coming to visit." She said it with a smile, knowing that "pets" to me probably meant cows, horses, or a very large dog at the very least.
Well, I made a promise to never own any indoor pets. Ever since then I've been wondering just how closely she'll hold me to that promise. I finally decided to test the waters a little bit. I'd like to introduce all of you to the newest Greeley Johnson, we call him Mickey, currently living under the stairs in our basement. He still needs to be house-trained, and I think Steph is hoping he learns to "play dead" sooner rather than later. Do you think Tammy will still come to visit?
And 6 nice new houses! Do you think he will feel welcome enough?
Now a little more of my version of the story:
So this really does gross me out to no end. We had both of our doors open for several hours yesterday so I hoped the little critter slipped in right through the door, and not through some unknown mouse hotel entrance. As we were watching a movie last night we saw the mouse dart out from under our couch and then right back in, we both looked at each other, "did you see that?" So then Clark had me lift the couch while he attempted to catch the mouse with a Tupperware bin.
Well the mouse came running out, straight into the kitchen and into a tiny slot between the dishwasher and the cupboards. We immediately blocked off all exits with steel wool and Clark ran to Walmart at midnight for mouse traps while I watched the hole carefully to make sure that mouse didn't escape. After getting the traps in place we decided to finish our movie, when it was almost over that mouse caught the corner of our eye as it darted past us and down the stairs. So the next hour was spent on a mouse hunt in the basement...Clark with a headlamp and Tupperware bin and me with a broom. We had no luck, so we set up some bait and traps and prayed our boys wouldn't be eaten by mice in the night.
This morning we told the boys about the mouse and they decided to put on head lamps and find the mouse themselves. They are pretty sure they found two footprints. We did see part of the bait was gone tonight, so hoping to find a dead carcass in the near future so I can sleep at night again, and not scream when I step on furry walrus stuffed animals.

1 comment:
DYING. Both because it is funny and yet terrifying to me at the same time.
Post a Comment