May 18, 2016

Scripture Power

I love my daily conversations with Quinn.  3 1/2 has to be the best age!  Lately Quinn has been carrying around a little set of scriptures that he has.  He insists on sleeping next to them in his bed at night.  I finally figured out that it is from the song he has learned in primary called "Scripture Power."  One of the lines says, "scripture power keeps me safe from sin, scripture power is the power to win."  To a little boy who spends half of his day pretending to be a super hero, scripture power really is a super hero like strength for him.  I love to hear him sing that song and pump his little scriptures into the air.  The other day we left the house without our scriptures, he pointed out that we had forgotten and said he wouldn't have his scripture power.  About 5 minutes later he said out of the blue, "it's okay mom, as long as I have the scripture power in my heart I will be able to deflect my sins."  It cracked me up!


Quinn insisted on checking out this puppet from the library.  He calls it the "3 toed slob," and is pretty good at imitating a sloth's voice. 

Just ready to save the world!
He was so proud to come with me to the school.  He insisted on wearing his backpack...and of course cowboy boots always!
At the school skate night a few weeks ago he figured out the best way to get around was to ride on the skate trainer.
For a couple of days he wore this bandanna and made us all call him "baby Scout."

1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

The cutie patootie! Grammy loves that boy too! So fun!