February 16, 2009

Are You My Mother?

Yesterday I was blow drying my hair before church in Ethan's room so that he could play and not destroy anything. He crawled right over to his book shelf and pulled out the book, "Are You My Mother." He picked it up, sat down, opened it up and started reading it. It was so cute because in a little sing-song voice he said, "Mama?" as he turned every page.

I thought it was so sweet, of course he knew exactly what he was reading...our little genius! And right this moment as I type this I'm watching our little genius try to eat the springy coiled door stopper off of the wall. Impressive.

No those aren't short he's wearing...just size 6 month pants...I really need to do laundry!

Valentine's Day was great. We pretty much celebrated all weekend. Rock Band with friends, a romantic dinner at Chick-Fil-A and chocolate covered strawberries. Ethan got the best Valentine for his Daddy, a Chuck Norris wall calendar. This month there is a lovely picture of Chuck in a karate outfit and it says, "Chuck Norris lost both of his legs in a car accident and still walked it off." It was a hit.
Last night we had some friends and the missionaries over for dinner. I was feeling festive so we celebrated with a Valentine themed dinner (minus the romance since the missionaries were here). It was a fabulous night!

My festive table waiting for the dinner guests...and even take home party favors! You can also notice the new calendar covering my cute Mary Engelbreit calendar in the background, this will not be a permanent location.

The best Valentine gift. As you can see Ethan really loves hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow, he is so smart he can read upside down. Impressive.