When we returned from Boise there was a surprise waiting for me and Ethan in the garage...a jogging stroller decorated with a yellow bow and welcome home balloons. While we were gone Clark put together a jogging stroller using pieces he found from one on the side of the road and another one that he found on Craigslist. We have already put some miles on it and are loving it (so much easier than jogging behind our travel system stroller). A couple of days ago we went with Clark on a nice walk, then played at the park, and got ice cream on the way home. The above pictures are the results of Ethan eating an ice cream cone by himself in a bumpy stroller. He was sticky and covered - but LOVED it! He is a real Peterson.
Since coming home his new favorite game is to climb on EVERYTHING! He is so fast, if I am distracted for just a second I can find this little monkey just about anywhere.
It seems like he went from being a baby to climbing toddler overnight. I am loving this sweet stage that he is in.
He has some new tricks that I think are adorable. Whenever he sits in his highchair he immediately folds his arms and bows his head waiting for the prayer. As soon as someone starts saying the prayer he starts eating, but hey, at least he's reverent for a second. After the prayer he claps very proud of himself.
It is amazing to me how he mimicks the things that we do...he loves to hold the phone up to his ear and pace around the room blabbing in a high pitched voice. (Is that really what I sound like to him?)
His vocabulary is expanding a little. He now says Dada, hi, uh-oh (whenever he drops something), ya ya ya (learned that from Grammy Tammy), wow, and recently he has added "oh man," (which makes us laugh every time). He barks really well whenever he hears or sees a dog, he also moos once in awhile when you ask him what a cow says. Sadly, he rarely says momma.
He is into giving good hugs and kisses. He gives people a high five, the pound, or a handshake quite frequently. Tonight at the baseball game he gave a giant hot dog a high five, and then pounded the people sitting in front of us. He helps me by unloading the dishwasher (usually when the dishes are dirty) and regularly sweeping the floor. Mostly he loves to run outside, we love to watch him chase the many bunnies that live in our yard. I love his strawberry blond ringlets on the back of his head. 15 months is a fun age!
3 comments:
oh! That is so nice of Clark to surprise you! That is sweet :) Did he ever get his presents??
I love that stage too. I love it even more when I hear about other people living it, because it is alot of work, but I can just enjoy hearing about him climbing and unloading the dishwasher. Wish we lived closer so we could see him more!
I'm excited for you, actually for Ethan to have a new form of transportation. You will enjoy all those walks!! I love his curly hair.
Post a Comment