July 12, 2009

Please Help the Undomestic

I'm asking all of you talented women who read this blog for suggestions.

Next Sunday in Relief Society I have to give a "Homemaking Tip." The "Homemaking Tip" usually includes a little demo., and a handout...it can be anything. The last few months women have shared how to take a stain out of concrete, wood polishing, gardening tips, making cool little photo frames out of binder clips...pretty much it can be anything.



I've been in the Relief Society presidency in our ward for a few months now, so far nothing has scared me as much as giving the "Homemaking Tip." I will have to do it about every 3 months...so please share any little tips or ideas you have found. I really feel clueless. I feel like my homemaking skills are on the remedial level ---unless making a balloon animal would counts as a skill?! Oh dear. You can leave me a comment or email me any of your wonderful ideas, please.!



Today was my first Sunday to conduct. It went pretty well...until I got up after the teacher finished to announce the closing prayer and song. I didn't realize my left leg was completely asleep. I stood up and fell in front of EVERYONE all in one graceful sweep. I was so surprised I had fallen, I tried to get up (still not realizing my leg was asleep) and couldn't. Then I couldn't stop giggling about it. Oh MY...


Once a clutz always a clutz! At least my skirt wasn't tucked in anywhere it shouldn't be this time...

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Given my recent spills, I can appreciate yours. I'm still laughing. At least I didn't fall in front of a roomful of people. Good luck with that homemaking tip. Wait, here's one. If you get ink from a pen on your clothes, it comes off with rubbing alcohol. My kids are always accidentally drawing on themselves or me and regular stain stuff doesn't work. But you just put a little rubbing alcohol on a cotton ball and rub it and it comes right off and you can never tell!

Stephanie said...

That is awesome! Thanks for the tip...when I demonstrate it I will make sure to use one of Clark's shirts, just in case it doesn't come out.

Molly Jae said...

Too funny about the fall. I bet you laughed ALL day over that. Well better laughing than crying. Homemaking? I love putting leftover lemon rinds down my disposal and grinding them up. It smells so nice.