Since Ethan pretty much asks me every morning, "is it my dirthbay yet?," I decided it was time for a countdown calendar. I wanted to make one that I could use with all of my kids, so I went with a birthday party theme.
When I do projects they usually end up a little bigger than I anticipate...this one definitely turned out big, it's wider than the door I had planned to hang it on, and taller than Ethan! It took many after bedtime hours, but I'm really excited about the end result.
It is all made from felt, ribbon and velcro.
Ethan got to put up "day 5" today. He is loving it!
5 comments:
Holy cow. That is so cute!
LOVE IT!
Way cute. You should post the pattern!
How cute :) I am sure E$ loves it!
As far as patterns go, I didn't use one. Clark did have to get out his carpenter square to help me make the edges even. I just used a ruler and household objects to trace my shapes out of the felt. The only sewing was to sew on the ribbon border, make a loop in the top for the dowel, and the Happy Birthday banner is sewn on.
It was pretty simple and fun to make.
Post a Comment