| Caden was the most pleasant elf on the shelf! |
| The height made Ethan nervous, and Quinn was just grumpy! |
When I safety pinned the little collars on their shirts I had no idea they'd be wearing them in public, but the elf costumes have come in handy this year! Some ladies that Clark works with did a project at work to fill stockings for people at an assisted living center near the clinic. The boys had a great time filling stockings to donate. Then last night the boys and I were invited to join them to deliver the treats. It seemed only fitting for them to wear their outfits.
| I knew everyone would love the little elf in cowboy boots, he melted everyone's heart. |
Ethan was horrified to find out we were running to Walmart and Sams Club afterwards and that I didn't bring him extra clothes to change into. He begged to stay in the car. I convinced him that the elf suit would brighten people's day as they were hustling through the store. I was right! They were pretty much instant celebrities! Everyone wanted to stop and tell them how cute they were. Several people asked to take pictures, of course, Quinn gave his best grumpy cat glare, which would then cause everyone to laugh and more phones were pulled out. Caden said "I think I'm famous." A true Christmas miracle to find a little Christmas spirit in Walmart on December 23rd.
Our own elf on the shelf, Snowflake, hasn't caused much mischief this year. She's just had really good hiding spots. Quinn was so proud to be the first to find her 2 different times. One morning the boys woke up and were shocked that Snowflake hadn't moved that morning! She was still sitting on the Christmas tree. After a little investigating they found out that mom hadn't slept that night so she must not have had a chance to go back to the North Pole. They had a little talk with her explaining that we would be at the YMCA that morning, and she had 70 minutes to get the North Pole and back if she needed to. When we got home from the Y the boys bounded out of the car to look for Snowflake. She had moved! She was there on our landing of the stairs looking down on us. Oh my! What excitement! How was that possible?! Christmas magic is the only explanation.
Today she got herself into quite the predicament.
| This is our I-pad. The sign she's holding says, "Ethan, Caden, Quinn, Help me! I'm stuck inside here." She somehow changed the passcode too! Hmmmm....not sure how she's going to get out of this one! |

1 comment:
Best idea ever!!! Love those elves!
Post a Comment