September 12, 2016

3rd Grade Update

Ethan is loving school this year and I am so grateful.  In general Ethan is pretty happy and easy going, there were a few weeks there at the beginning of the school year that I just felt like something was off.  Clark took him out for pizza and they had a good chat and he seemed happy about everything.  I started praying that he would develop a little more confidence in himself.  Well, that prayer was answered.  The end of September Ethan came home thrilled that his teacher had chosen him to be Student of the Month.  The same week he ran for class representative.  He made some awesome posters and gave a fun speech using emojis.  He was ecstatic to be elected.  A few days later the school contacted me to see if they could start testing him for the Gifted and Talented program because of his high test scores.  One day shortly after he said, "3rd grade is my year!  I got voted class representer, I'm student of the month, and I must be like the smartest kid in my class."  We had a little talk about humility and not bragging, but I felt like my prayers for my boy had been answered.

Celebrating the new elected official with some ice cream!
Ethan's teacher has reported to us a couple of times now that Ethan really pushes her to research and learn more because he's always asking questions that she doesn't know the answer to.  I love his scientific mind.
You know it takes confidence to show up to pajama day at school wearing high water Angry Bird jammies.
3rd grade is off to a great start!

No comments: