November 21, 2009

A Weekend of Many Moons

Friday night was the first moon...a trip to "New Moon" for me on a fun girl's night out. I have read the Twilight books and enjoyed them, but I don't really consider myself a "super fan." However, I went on opening night last year when Twilight came out - it was such an adventure (swooning fans, fighting over seats, etc.) I had to do it again this year!
I decided to go all out and make myself a shirt. It's hard to tell from this picture...but my shirt included blinking lights!



A little video so you can see the blinking lights in action!

Yes my shirt was a hit...and yes I am taking orders for Christmas if you are wanting a blinking twinkling shirt just let me know!

The second, third, and fourth moon happened this morning when the team of male runners wearing only thong underwear came by me during Clark's big race at Living History Farms. (Clark was not a part of the thong team). He did this race last year as well, it is a crazy 7 mile race through mud, creeks, streams, trees, and corn fields. It was good and muddy this year and Clark had a great time! We had fun cheering him on. The fifth moon happened trying to get out of the parking lot. A man in a pink speedo was washing the mud from his body using 2 cans of beer! This race has such an Iowa feel...the winner of each category receives a turkey, the second and third place runners receive chickens. They also served beef stew at the end of the race, "where's the beef!?"

Just a little muddy, he faired better than most.

Can you spot the 3 mullet men?

Ethan and I enjoyed watching the moon most of Friday night...he came down with a cold suddenly and didn't go to sleep until 4:30...makes for a grumpy Bubby and a grumpy mommy in the morning!

Ethan's new favorite toy! We picked this up at a yard sale this summer for Christmas. Well Christmas came early when I really needed him to be able to entertain himself. He calls this car mountain the Wii, because as the cars go down he shrieks, "weeeee." I love telling him to "go play with the Wii."

5 comments:

LauriAnn said...

Sounds fun. I wish I could see New Moon! Joe isn't a big Twilight fan! I am sad to see that you didn't take pictures of any of the thong guys. Maybe next year. J/K I am not sad that you didn't!

Kelly said...

Thong runners... yikes! Looks like a fun Christmas toy.

Lucy said...

I don't need a shirt but am impressed with your creativity. And, I have no doubt that there is some real demand out there for it.

Way to go, Clark! Someday we'll make it over there for the race. I guess it's got to be next year, though, right?

That is a humongous toy! I am such a space snob. The boys had a big Rescue Heroes toy that drove me crazy (where does it go? In a corner?) that when they eventually stopped being thrilled with, disappeared. It's probably a good thing I don't have any girls. They seem to require more big toys (doll houses, kitchenettes etc.)

Carrie said...

Wow, I love the shirt -how did you do the lights? I, like you am not a super fan but I love partying with all the crazy fans. I also was looking for the thong guys in your picture. No one does that in Utah. This is funny, I got Logan a few toys for Christmas last summer like you, at yard sales, and he's gotten all of them already. Oh well, Christmas is exciting enough without all the toys.

Erica said...

wow I wish I could have gone to New Moon. I was secretly hoping for westy to surprise me, but it did not happen. I am hoping to go next week :)