February 9, 2010

A Child's Prayer

This picture was taken by one of Ethan's nursery teachers at church. They were taking pictures of every kid for the board and this is the face you get if you pull out a camera and ask Ethan to smile! We love it!

On Sunday night after Ethan's stories we were kneeling down for prayers and I asked Ethan, "is it Mama or Daddy's turn to say the prayer tonight?" He said, "Eee-ee." (That is how he says Ethan). So his Dad helped him and he said the whole prayer. If he couldn't say the words he would just imitate Clark's voice inflections. It was so sweet! He was really good at asking for blessings for mama, dada, baby, Eee-eee, Bampa, and Grama! At the end he opened his arms wide and yelled, "amen."

3 comments:

Kelly said...

His picture and your profile picture look quite similar! Very cute.

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

I was just going to say that the nut doesn't fall too far from the tree! Kelly is spot on!

Stephanie said...

Oh dear, that is funny, I never even notice my profile picture - but you guys are right!

I've been meaning to update the look of my blog for the last 12 months or so, I definitely think it is time.