Then the teacher pulled out a giant furry glove that had 5 little felt bears attached to each finger with velcro. She started singing, "there were 5 in the bed and little one said roll over...they all rolled over and one fell out, 4 bears in the bed...etc." Everytime a bear fell out of the bed she would take the bear off her finger and smash it onto the floor and yell, "boom!"
I noticed Ethan wasn't doing the actions he was just staring at the bears and at the teacher. When we got down to one bear left I looked over at him and his little lip was quivering and his eyes were filling with tears. I tried to quickly reassure him that the bears were okay and he just burst into tears saying, "oh no, oh no."
All the other moms started giggling and the teacher felt so bad, she kept saying, "Ethan, look, the bears are okay," and she put them all back on the glove. Who would have thought that song could be so traumatizing!
Our sensitive little guy that never cries or cares when we leave had a soft spot in his heart for the poor little smashed bears!
I just love my sensitive little bear!
No comments:
Post a Comment