February 26, 2010

Iowa Oasis!

We woke up Thursday and the temperature was -7, since Clark didn't have a class in the morning we decided to take a trip to Hawaii! We enjoyed the warm humid sunshine, the free flying birds, the exotic foilage, bright orange fish, waterfall and fragrant flowers! It was refreshing for the soul to see things alive and growing!

Alright, so it wasn't quite Hawaii, but the Botanical Center downtown was still a really nice escape for a couple hours!

Ethan literally frolicked through the gardens! At one point he went into a group of people, started spinning circles all the while giggling and shrieking with glee! Apparently he is sick of being couped up indoors as much as I am.

Clark got a pretty good workout keeping up with Ethan!



I loved seeing the icicles and snow out the window, but at the same time being warm and still feeling like I was outside.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Pregnant and a rough winter... you will probably look back on this year and wonder how you made it! I'm so sorry. I hope spring finds you soon!

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Aloha! Summer will be here before you know it! . . . . . .along with a sweet new brother for EE!

LauriAnn said...

Wow, that does look so nice!

Emmers said...

What?! Its a boy?!