Since Clark has tomorrow off he decided tonight would be the night! And since this is their first expedition Clark decided the back yard was far enough.
The excitement level in our house has been through the roof, you would think Ethan just won the Super Bowl. He has literally been bouncing off the walls, spinning circles on his bum on the kitchen floor, and running around for the last 3 hours just waiting to go in the tent!
All ready for the trek through the grass with his little lantern and of course Brown Dog.
When Clark decided this week was the week I don't think he realized quite how hot it would be. I just checked the weather at 11 pm, it is partly cloudy, 85 degrees - but feels like 96 degrees. It is so warm and miserably humid, but Clark is the best Dad and there is no going back on this promise.
We made yummy camping treat S'mores in the microwave before they headed out.
I got a kiss through the mesh windows and a loud "night night Momma," and now I am enjoying my A/C! This really may be the BEST camping trip EVER!
You gotta LOVE these boys!
Edit: Clark was smart to have their first expedition in the backyard. About 11:30 2 boys came into the house dripping wet with sweat. Apparently the tent/sauna isn't very conducive to sleep. By the end of their expedition Ethan kept saying, "Ee-ee sleep in white home please." Too funny! Still gotta love these boys!

2 comments:
Oh how cute. Clark is a darn good dad.
That is so awesome! I remember reading those books to Clark. I loved them too, but not as much as I remember he did. You'll have to ask him if he remembers things the same! The backyard is a GREAT place for a campout!
Post a Comment