November 3, 2010

"29"

Last week I turned "29."

When Clark was in preschool he found out how old his teacher was and told her "that's old, my mom's only 29." (His mom was just a bit over 29 at the time). I have always thought that story was funny.

My mom told me that this year when people ask how old I am I'll actually be "29," I'll probably tell people this for years...but this year it will be true.

So as an official 29 year old I'm planning to live it up!

I started my 29th year with a delicious chocolate fudge cake made by Clark

We couldn't afford 29 candles, so 2 and 9 had to do.

I snapped pictures of Ethan and Caden as Clark got the cake ready...do they look excited or what?




Then Clark and I modeled our new his and hers Snuggies that James and Erica gave us for our birthdays.

Then I pretty much celebrated all weekend, because I'll only be "29" once you know! Thanks to all my friends and family for the phone calls, texts, cards and gifts that made my day(s) so special!

2 comments:

LauriAnn said...

Happy Bday!

Kelly said...

Yes, 29 is a great year. I'm enjoying it too!