An attitude of gratitude is a wonderful thing to have. We learn a lot about this from Ethan, he sincerely thanks us for the smallest things. Like tonight, I actually made a meal he liked of pasta and smoothies, he thanked me at least 5 times for the din din.
Now that he can say "thank you," instead of "dookie," which is how he used to say it, other people are noticing his polite habit.
On Monday as we were boarding the plane I had my hands full with winter coats, carry on bags, and Caden. I needed Ethan to help so I had him wear his coat, his Thomas bagpack, and carry Brown Dog. About half way down the aisle before we got to our seats he decided he was done. He put his bagpack, Brown Dog and his coat on the floor and continued walking to the back of the plane. My hands were too full to reach down and pick his stuff up so I was pleading with him to come pick up his things and he was yelling back "no." Everyone in that area of the plane was quite entertained by the situation and smirking at me. Finally, a nice man picked up Ethan's things and handed them to him. Ethan thanked the man profusely and everyone "ahhhhed." He knows how to redeem himself. Throughout the flight he thanked the flight attendant several times for things. As we got off the plane he told her "thank you," and she said, "you are such a polite young man." Then as I walked by she said, "really, your boy does have very nice mannerisms." And I have to agree, he does have nice mannerisms (I'm sure he gets them from me), but I'm thinking she was probably referring to his nice manners. It made me laugh!
Today he got the flu vaccine through the nasal mist. After the nurse gave it to him, he thanked her. I'm pretty sure that is the first time ever a 2 year old thanked the nurse for a flu vaccine.
I'm amazed at what I learn from this little guy!
1 comment:
What a heart melter! Did he seriously say dookie? How come Clark and I have not laughed about that??
Post a Comment