August 12, 2012

He Reminds Me

We went through a phase since moving here where Caden was all of a sudden terrified to go to nursery on Sunday.  He would start to throw the biggest fits and cry as soon as we started singing the closing hymn during Sacrament Meeting knowing it was almost time for nursery.  He would beg me to take him to the Jeep and take him home.  I couldn't figure out what was going on, because every time we picked him up after nursery he was so happy, he just didn't want to be dropped off!  It was to the point that Sunday morning when I would get him in his church clothes he would start crying and begging not to go to church.

Anyway, after a really bad Sunday I focused the whole next week on how great nursery is and how we don't  cry when we go places we like.  The Saturday night before church Ethan said a special prayer before the boys went to bed that Caden wouldn't cry tomorrow and have fun at nursery.

Of course the next day was great, we dropped him off he was happy and kept saying, "I don't cry to go to nursery, I happy."  

Driving home that Sunday I was telling Caden how proud I was of him, and mentally giving myself a big pat on the back for helping Caden overcome his fits.  Right then Ethan said, "well mom, its because I prayed that he wouldn't cry and Heavenly Father helped him."  Oh yeah...I immediately repented for forgetting, Ethan reminded me of Proverbs 3:6, In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct they paths.
Ethan put this little ensemble on the other day and said, "Look, I'm fancy.  I'm a mom."

But just so you don't think he's too much of a saint...last Sunday we had Ethan's new Sunbeam teachers(that he LOVES) over for dinner.  They told me on the first day they taught his class they asked the kids what rules they should have in their class.  One little girl said, "we should sit in our seats."  Ethan added, "and we shouldn't toot in our seats."  They thought he was so funny.  I told them I'm terrified of the things they will learn about our family!!!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I hope he continues to go to Nursery without tears. I am frequently guilty of crediting myself for a solution than where the credit is actually due. Thanks, Ethan, for the reminder!

Tyler and Carolyn said...

That picture of Ethan made me laugh out loud! I also loved the swimming lesson stories.