On Saturday we had Clark the whole day to ourselves, so we went on a hike to Horsetooth Falls. The trail is about 1.2 miles to the falls. The boys loved it.
 |
At the beginning this was our view...we were just trying to keep up with the boys! I'm pretty sure Ethan did the trail at least twice, he would run forward and back, forward and back. |
 |
I loved watching these little legs try to keep up. Caden just constantly chattered the whole way, giving a narrative of everything he saw. "I don't need a hand mom-o," was my favorite comment. It definitely took us a little longer than we thought it would due to the 2 year old wanting to examine every rock along the way. He would climb on even the smallest little pebbles and say, "I king of the mountain." |
Then we finally got to the majestic falls! Wait for it...wait for it...
 |
| Hmmm...because of the extra dry summer the falls resembled more of a dripping shower faucet. Just enough water for Ethan to get wet. Although the falls were a little less than we had expected the views on the side of the mountain were pretty at least. |
With about a half mile left on the way back to the car Caden was done. It was nap time and he was so tired he was walking like a drunken sailor, so Clark put him on his shoulders for a little rest. He was complete dead weight, so so tired! I love these next pictures because he just looks spent!
 |
| I love this dirty little face! |
Poor kid could barely keep his eyes open. He had a great nap on the way home. I don't know who looked more tired by the end...Caden or the pregnant lady. With all of the braxton hicks contractions I was having on the hike home I was pretty much waddling by the time we finished. I kept laughing watching Caden, and Clark kept laughing watching me. It was a great day!
1 comment:
I hear you with those contractions. I told Jerry they are at zero pain level, but I almost have to stop and breathe through them because they are so strong and it hurts to move all my other muscles. So I'd be waddling with ya!
Post a Comment