August 20, 2012

While the Daddy is Away...

the kids will play...
Last Weds. morning we took Clark to the airport so he could go to Washington D.C. for a conference.
As soon as we dropped him off the water works started (have I mentioned Ethan is a bit of a Daddy's boy). I knew I needed to have some fun things planned for us to do while he was gone, and fun we had!

One morning while I was doing some cleaning the boys got to watch "kid shows," I came out to check on them and found Caden as comfy as can be "nuggling" with his "bouncy neigh" in a Rubbermaid tub.
We had some outings with friends to go swimming and visit a farm.

But the highlight of the week was the cousin slumber party.  All week Caden kept telling everyone he was having a "slumber potty."  Erin and Brooke came and stayed with us Friday night.  My boys love their cousins!  At one point Ethan asked Brooke if they could get married one day, she was definitely grossed out and told him that of course they couldn't get married because they are cousins!  Caden just loved all the attention.  Erin is a natural mom and carried him around and helped him with everything.  

We made individual pizzas, frosted sugar cookies, stayed up late watching a movie.  And Saturday we went to the little indoor water park that is at the rec center here.  Fun, fun!








We were all a little worn out from playing so hard while Dad was on vacation!

On Sunday evening I knew it was going to be a long trip to Denver to pick up Clark when the boys were chanting at the top of their lungs, "Daddy-o, Daddy-o," before we even made it out of Greeley.  We were sure excited to have Clark home, and play with all of the presents he brought us A.K.A. free foot swag from the conference.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh...cousins are the best! I'm so happy that you are getting the chance to spend time with Brooke and Erin. What sweet and charismatic girls. Hope Clark had a good time in DC. I've heard those Daddy chants before....

MollyJae said...

I bet you were exhausted keeping them busy. How cute to see them with their cousins.