September 24, 2012

Almost a Home

Last week I had some motivation to get some boxes unpacked and our house looking more like a home, I wanted to get it done before my mom came to town.  I did more in 4 days house wise than I have in the past 2 months.

I'm excited about the boy's cowboy room!  I enlarged my pictures at Sam's Club, found frames at a thrift store for a few dollars and spray painted everything.  I found a few extra embellishments at Hobby Lobby on sale.

This is the Daddy-Son wall.  The boys love it!


Another photo collage on the wall.  There were just too many cute cowboy pictures of the boys to choose from.  I got the rope from a tractor supply store, you can buy it by the foot...let's just say I felt a little more in my element at Hobby Lobby.

I made the boys letters to go above their beds with ribbon, scrapbook paper, and modge podge.


I love our little preschool room that is part of the playroom.  I found this cute little table and bookshelf on Craigslist.
I made the play, learn, grown signs on Photoshop using digital chalkboard scrapbook paper and chalk.  I found the frames at a thrift store and thought they looked perfect to border my little "slates."  I got the letters at the Dollar Store and tied them together with ribbon.
I'm down to one room left to tackle...our bedroom.  We are still needing a box spring so we can put our bed together, and I told Clark that should be our next priority, the pregnant lady is having a hard time getting herself off the mattress in the middle of the night!

2 comments:

Tyler and Margaret said...

Now that is a perfect classroom! Way better than my kitchen table :) My poor little students!

Rebecca Carter said...

This is so cute - fun! We love it and we love your family and we miss you so much!