September 24, 2012

Living in the Retirement Center

I love our house here, we really were blessed to find a great house to rent for a great price.  Our neighborhood is definitely quiet and safe feeling.  When people find out that we pretty much live in a retirement community they usually say, "oh I bet they love your boys, they must love having you there."

That would be nice.  But pretty much no, we are not liked.  I think we cause great stress and maybe some entertainment to our neighbors.  I feel like we are constantly watched, and judging from the slats in the blinds opening I think I'm right.

One benefit is that they take neighborhood watch to a whole new level here!  Last week our trash guy somehow missed picking up our trash.  After going through the HOA president we were able to arrange to have our trash picked up Monday (our normal trash day is Thursday).  So Monday morning I put our trashcan out on the curb.  A few hours later I looked out the window and noticed our trash can was missing. I went outside and found it had been pulled back up our driveway and was leaning against the garage.  I hauled it back to the curb and then opened all the blinds to watch for the "overly helpful neighbor."  I couldn't believe it!  The next day while I was walking one of the neighbors approached me to tell me he was the one who pulled in my trash, but then when he called to report me to the HOA president he learned that it was out for a reason.  He didn't apologize, or anything...just stated the facts.  It was bothering him so much that I would pull my trash can out on the wrong day!

Let's call a truce people, I won't touch your trash if you won't touch mine!

1 comment:

Tyler and Margaret said...

I needed a good Stephanie story today, thank you!!! I miss you!