I went straight to the haircut from working out, so I was feeling pretty warm while she was washing my hair (kind of like Pedro on Napoleon Dynamite when he shaved his head) and started thinking "maybe I should get a little more off, since it is summer now."
When we got back to the chair I said, "let's take off a little more than an inch." That led to me looking through a book to decide exactly what I wanted. As I was looking through the pictures I thought of the Locks of Love program. The poor student stylist had to scramble around and find out just how much hair was necessary for a donation. She found out I would need 10 inches! (They ensured me my hair would still be well below my shoulders when they finished and I would still be able to pull it into a ponytail).
"Let's do it," I said! The poor girl started stammering and even CRYING a bit until finally the professional, Robert (her teacher) just came over and chopped off about a foot of my hair in one big cut!
I got a pretty good haircut for a hair school. Robert took great interest in my new look. I think he felt like he was on one of those makeover shows or something and pretty much did my whole haircut. When it was finished the girl blow dried it straight and I about burst into tears. I have very thick hair, and blow dried straight my hair was about as wide as my shoulders...I looked like I was wearing a giant mushroom shaped helmet! "Oh dear," I thought..."why did I do this at a hairschool?!"
Luckily Robert came to the rescue. He thinned my hair, which I have never had done. I think I lost more hair in width than I did in length overall.
My neck feels so relieved, I keep feeling worried that my head may escape like a helium balloon!
Before I left Robert told me to shake my head back and forth and he said, "oh, that's what I like to see bouncin' and behavin'."
The best part was that Clark had no idea I was cutting my hair. We met at a restaurant afterwards with some of our friends. I felt all nervous coming in like I was making my debut as a new woman! Clark's face was priceless, as was his comment, "wow, you look like you've been attacked by a lawn mower." I take that as a compliment!

Evertime I look in a mirror I am still a little shocked! And wondering how in the world to deal with hair too short for even a little ponytail.
And a tiny bit sad...its been 8 years since I've had short hair!
But mostly, I'm just feeling like I'm
"bouncin' and behavin'" baby!



8 comments:
I want to clarify my lawn-mower comment. She was on her phone with her mom and I went for a funny for the effect it would give them both! I am not normally that rude, well, at least I don't think so!
I've quietly hoped she would cut her hair like this for a while now. I never had the guts to say it outloud, because I know how much Steph likes her hair and I love it too. I've always wondered what she would look like with short hair, AND I LOVE IT!
It looks great, Steph. Bouncin' and behavin'!
Talk about CUTE, CUTE. Love it!
It's adorable and someone will love having your thick locks for their head! WTG!!
I love it! Seriously. Not only because you donated it for Locks of Love but because it totally suits you. Gorgeous girl!:)
I love that you're bouncin and behavin. That is hilarious. I love doing crazy things with my hair even though it has been a while. I let my roommate in college cut it short. And then I had it cut even shorter- like boy short. And I've had many, many different colors... blonde, red, brown, dark brown, purple. You get the idea. I'm sure it feel so different to you because that is a lot of hair to cut off! It's very cute and I love that you donated it to locks of love. My hair would never grow that long and even if it did, it would be all split endy and frizzy. Anyway, I think you look great, although I would have loved to see the helmet head!
Your new style is so cute! I can't wait to see it in person today!!!
I totally love it! It looks so sassy and smart. I have thought about doing locks of love too, but I am pretty sure that it is going to take me awhile longer.
wow! I love your hair! It is so cute :) I bet it takes less time to do it! It is nice to have a change (I am sure you are dying because you loved your hair).
Post a Comment