We had the best visit with my mom last week! From these pictures that I'm posting it will pretty much just look like we spent the whole week strolling around sniffing the flowers-and pretty much that is what we did...along with a little shopping, watching movies, eating good food, playing with Bubba, sleeping in, touring the Salisbury House, watching the BYU modern dance company (a little odd but fun), witnessing the pathetic photographer attempt to take 1 year portraits of a rambunctious little Ethan, preparing a Relief Society lesson, teaching Ethan how to say "Momma" and "wow" in the cutest little voice, strolling through Ewing Park and visiting Pella. Ethan is still trying to recover from exhaustion.
Photos from Ewing Park. They have a beautiful lilac arboretum we strolled through. All of the lilacs weren't in bloom yet, but it was still so pretty! Ethan loved running downhill in the grass.First smell of lilacs...yummy!
Photos from Pella. Pella is a town that was originally colonized by Dutch imigrants. Because of the heritage there Pella has many Dutch attractions that resemble Holland. One part of town is supposed to resemble Amsterdam with the canals and everything. We dined on too many to-die-for pastries! Every year they hold a Tulip Time Festival. We were one week early for the festival, but still on time to see some gorgeous tulips!
So pretty they don't even look real...
To prove they are real, there I am with them!
Just couldn't pass up this photo-op!
Or this one, poor little Ethan! (At the historical village)
Taking a tour of the windmill was actually really cool! Especially when the wind really started whipping and shook the whole building. I tried to get a video of it, but I guess for safety reasons they anchored the windmill down. Bummer.
The miniature Dutch village was very fun. Ethan loved watching for the train to come around the corner through the tunnel...
However, Grammy Tammy didn't like the train so much because it reminded her of "being thrown" in front of a train on our own little visit to the real Amsterdam. Clark & I still giggle when we remember the scene. I've never seen someone move like that...I'm still surprised smoke didn't come out of her shoes!
Ethan loves pushing his stroller! Such a big helper!
If you have that freaky song "Tiptoe through the Tulips" by Tiny Tim in your head now, don't worry I do too!
Like Father Like Son:
(Clark in real Amsterdam)
(Ethan in fake Amsterdam, Iowa)
LOVE IT!
And the only bad decision of the whole visit from Grammy was when I decided to let Ethan feed himself spaghetti. I'm still finding a little basil here and there in my tub!




















1 comment:
I think I need Grammy Tammy to visit us! It looks like so much fun.
LOVED the picture of a post-spaghetti Ethan. Oh cuteness! Sorry about the mess, though:)
Post a Comment