At the beginning all of the kids got to be in the "parade of nations." We gave them all little U.S. flags and marched around the gym behind a torch carrier to the Olympic theme and fanfare music. I started the parade as the torch carrier wearing Clark's snowboard helmet and goggles, Ethan marched with me holding my hand and a BYU flag (just to ruffle a few feathers). He thought the parade was all about him! As we marched through the parents in the audience he had the biggest grin on his face!
The primary president got to "light" the big torch on the stage so the games could begin! (My big torch didn't quite turn out the way I had envisioned but the kids thought it was cool anyway - it did really light up though). I had fun making the decorations and working on a lip sync with the activity day girls.
After each performance the kids got a gold medal made out of a Twix bar.
Kids could either display things or do a performance. It was a fun day!
1 comment:
That sounds like fun. I want to hear about the Fed Ex melt down though!
Post a Comment