December 2, 2010

Go Cougars!

If you are ever looking for us, try looking at on I-80 between Omaha and Des Moines...we've done that drive A LOT lately! Last night we made the drive so we could watch BYU basketball play Creighton. We had tickets with the Hamilton family.

It was worth the drive since BYU won! It was a lot of fun going to a game, we haven't been to one in a while. Ethan loved yelling, "BYU, BYU, BYU!" He also loved repeating everything Clark shouted, "Defense, shot, etc." Luckily Clark didn't use any expletives. We felt a little bit bad for the man who's ear was right by Ethan's mouth.

Our seats were really high up in the upper balcony, but the 2 sections next to us were filled with BYU fans...so that was a lot of fun!

After the game all of the BYU fans gathered behind the BYU bench and the coaches and team captains said a few things, signed autographs, etc. One of the Creighton fans saw all of us gathering after the game and was shocked that so many of us would travel all the way from Utah...BYU is lucky because no matter where they travel they will find a big group of Cougars ready to support the team. I really wanted a picture with Jimmer holding Caden, but we weren't willing to fight the crowd.

Here's just some of the BYU fans after the game, pretty good for an away game that is 1,000 miles from the school.

I think the victory helped heal Clark's tender heart after the big football loss to Utah last Saturday. Go Cougars!

2 comments:

Lucy said...

Go Cougs! I bet there was a little bit of dread in the drive but I'm glad it was worth it. I love all your BYU Blue!

Erica said...

woo hoo! We were SO excited they won. At least we have a good basketball team, but the sad part is that no one cares !