December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

Traditions make Christmas time so much fun! This year has been great. Being in Boise I'm able to relive my childhood traditions, start new traditions, and experience everything like it is the first time through Ethan and Caden.
My mom is the QUEEN of Christmas! Every inch of her house is decorated (including the dead animals that hang on the walls)! My mom planned so much to make Christmas Eve this year a great celebration. Hanging out with my brothers and sister in laws is the best! I had many moments when I laughed so hard I cried.
We started out the night listening to my favorite Christmas record from when I was a little girl.

My favorite record, and a Santa decoration that used to be my Grandma's.

We had a yummy fondue dinner like we do every Christmas Eve.

Towards the end of the dinner I snuck upstairs and put Caden in his Santa suit. I snuck him around the house without anyone seeing him and we came through the front door. Everyone was excited to welcome Santa into the house!

This little Santa baby has learned to officially crawl in the few weeks we've been here.

I think Ethan's face pretty much captures the mood of the night!

After dinner we all got to open new Christmas jammies!


In our comfy pajamas we acted out the nativity while my Dad read from Luke (a tradition we've always done on Christmas Eve). Ethan was Joseph this year and chose Grammy to be Mary.

When we were younger my brothers and I were in our Sunday School class at church, it was the Sunday before Christmas and our teacher was having everyone share Christmas traditions. I explained that my family always acted out the Christmas story (referring to the story of Jesus' birth). Another kid in the class heard "Christmas Story" and assumed we acted out the famous movie with Ralphie every year. So that has become a joke in our family. When James and Erica got married I got them an ornament for the tree of Ralphie wearing the pink bunny pajamas, I also made them matching bunny hats to start their own "Christmas Story" traditions.

Well this year Ralphie came to our Christmas Eve party!

James' suit is a custom made pink nightmare from his mission in Guatemala.

We played Christmas songs on the chimes.

Played some fun Christmas games.

At the end of the night Ethan left out some cookies and milk for Santa. He took a bite out of Santa's cookie, I'm sure he didn't mind.

Such a fun Eve!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I LOVE Ethan's face in that one picture. That is hilarious. Glad you guys have had such a fun couple of days!