December 6, 2010

On the First Week of Christmas...

This first week of December has been filled with fun Christmas festivities! Christmas time is so much fun with kids, it keeps getting better and better as Ethan gets older and understands what everything is.
His stocking is hanging and he knows about Santa, (or Wanta) as he says. We've written Santa a letter.

Everytime we ask him what Santa is going to bring him for Christmas he says, "a candy treat and a green present." Talk about easy to please...I'm sure hoping Santa can deliver this year!

Sending the letter was a little more difficult. The Santa on this mailbox was terrifying to Ethan, you can see his letter hanging on the edge of the box...he was too scared to push it all the way in.

Ethan has enjoyed finding a little treat in the count-down-calendar every morning. He checks every number regularly throughout the day just to make sure there are no more treats.

He knows all about mistletoe now.

He's learned the story of Jesus' birth a few times and loves pointing out baby Jesus. He knows he's not supposed to touch, but I'm somehow always finding the cow and sheep in different positions.

Since we are leaving this week, this is our only Christmas tree. Ethan is quite proud of it though, because he put all of the little light bulbs in himself.

He's ridden the Christmas train.

He got to see Santa come to the library in a fire truck!

Ethan was way more excited about the fire truck than Santa.

Really, this was the coolest Santa delivery I've ever seen. They spun the tower around and lowered him down right above our heads. Seriously, who needs Rudolph when you have the fire department?

We haven't had any snow yet (yay!), but that hasn't stopped us from making snowmen...

and eating them while watching the Christmas Devotional.

A very serious cookie decorator.

Caden likes Christmas too!

And of course, our annual family picture with Clark in the reindeer suit!

As you can see this first week of Christmas has been fun, busy and a little tiring as you can see here in:

Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Exhibit C:

I'm sure those sugar plums are dancing quite a jig in his little head!

4 comments:

Erica said...

lol. I love the Snowmen. I thought about make those. They are too cute. I like the new blog look :)

Scott and Danielle said...

So fun! And I LOVE your cute family picture at the top of the blog. It is adorable! It will be fun when Ryan gets older and we can do some of those fun things too! You are such a good mom.

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Hurry up and get here so the fun and festivities can continue!!!!!

Lucy said...

Hope you have a blast at your parent's house. Your pre-Christmas festivities look like a lot of fun. Henry is enjoying looking at pictures of his cousins:):)