February 8, 2012

To Be Loved

Although I know I'll love him at every age and stage, it is hard to imagine Caden being more delightful than he is at 20 months! His personality is coming out and everyday he seems to learn something new. He is so proud of his new learning, and wants approval and recognition for everything that he does.




His vocabulary is expanding. If you ever have a chance to hold him beware your eyes getting poked out, or your nose getting picked - he loves to point to body parts and name them. This video shows some of his animal words, my favorite is how he says monkey in his low voice.



He is playful and rambunctious, always wanting to wrestle with his Dad. He shows a lot of enthusiasm for the small things in life. His reaction to a gummy bear treat will make you think he just won the Super Bowl.



He has a fun sense of humor, and knows when he is being funny.



He can be mischievious and not even care, like today when he finger painted his crib and bed with the "paint" he found in his diaper. EW.



Physically he feels like he is as big as his older brother, he climbs up and jumps off everything! Evel Knievel on his brother's bike.




But the thing I love most right now about this 20 month old is how he shows love.



I think it is the best feeling in the world to be loved by Caden. He is a momma's boy and it melts my heart. He is the best at giving big tight hugs around the neck, and lots of smooches. I'm so glad that he loves to snuggle.



I feel so loved when I go to get him out of his crib in the morning and he is jumping up and down with excitement. I feel so loved when I hear him crying "momma, momma" in the night (however, I wouldn't at all be offended if he cried for Dadda, Dadda once in awhile). I feel so loved when I go to pick him up from nursery on Sunday and he comes running to me. The last few times he has started weeping like he is so relieved to see me and then holds on to me tight for dear life.


Regardless of my mood, or how I am acting Caden shows his love unconditionally. I'm a lucky girl to be so loved.

2 comments:

Erica said...

EWWW. Gotta love man made paint...

Bryce and Jessica said...

Such a sweet post! I loved all the pictures of Caden!