Part of the fun of this traveling 4th year of medical school is that each program we have visited has pretty much been a month long interview for Clark for a potential residency. Tonight we had to rank our programs in order from best to worst, where we would most like to do a residency for the next 3 years.
Talk about a hard decision! I've never liked having to make big life changing decisions. For the past month we've talked daily about the pros and cons of each program. There were so many things to consider. I do have faith that the Lord is mindful of each of us and leads us in our lives, yet I still stress about big decisions.
After much prayer and fasting we feel peace tonight about the decisions we made.
This scripture from the Book of Mormon is one of my favorites when I feel nervous about a big change coming up in my life.
1 Nephi 17:13 And I will also be your light in the wilderness; and I
will prepare the way before you, if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments;
wherefore, inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall be led towards the promised land; and ye shall know that is it by me that ye are led.Without any doubt I can say that I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers. When we try to do what is right, and act on what we feel the Holy Ghost prompting us to do, we can see the hand of God in our lives leading our little family to the places we should be.
Now we just have to wait until April to see how this giant matching game turned out, and find out where we will be going!
3 comments:
Good luck! I'm sure that is so stressful. Hang in there. Thanks for the scripture... we've had out lives turned upside down... our house is under contract and the house we were going to... well, they changed their minds. So we're doing our best imitaion of you and scrambling to find a place to live. Not fun.
That scripture hits home for me now also. Excited to see where you guys end up!
It’s such a game and so stressful while you’re in it, but, you’re absolutely right, just trust in the Lord. You’ll be where you are meant to be and it will be a great thing for your family. Plus, any program is lucky to get Clark and any town blessed to have you in it.
Post a Comment