July 5, 2012

It's A...

So today I had my ultrasound to see our new little one.  Clark was unable to come with me, so when I got home I made a baby cake with either a blue or pink middle for Clark and the boys to find out the gender.  The boys were so excited for the cake...at one point Ethan sneaked a lick and then came over to me and said, "mom is it a boy, because that frosting tastes like boy."

And the results...(Ethan's reaction is priceless)!










Let's just say I was grateful to have the cake to help dry Ethan's tears.  He's been referring to this baby as his sister now for a few months and was slightly distraught.
So stop all plans of making giant head sized hair bows immediately!

I'm pretty excited to be a mom of 3 boys, a lot of great guys have come in groups of 3:






We are so excited!  I was telling the ultrasound tech that on my first two boys their personalities came out a little during the ultrasound.  She decided then that this baby will be my stubborn one.  He was wiggly and moving all over so she couldn't get a good picture of the heart.  She sent me on a walk, and when I came back he had moved but still she couldn't get the heart.  He also had his feet in front of his face for the first part, trying to chew on his little toes.  So cute!  Seeing the baby moving made this pregnancy so real, and so  excited to meet this little boy (toe chewing and all)!

17 comments:

Pegela said...

Welcome to the 3 boys club. It's the best club in the world!!!

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Grammy couldn't be more excited!!! We love little boys!

Britney said...

Your blog is too funny, Stephanie. I love reading your stories.

And congrats on the new baby on the way! Hooray for boys!!

Kelly said...

Ethan is hilarious!! I had to watch that a few times. I'm afraid that's how all my kids will be if our's isn't a boy! I hope you and Lucy haven't stolen my boy! Congrats. I hope everything else looked good and healthy too!

Karin said...

So funny! I love it!

Congratulations! You are perfect to be the mother of 3 boys!

Anonymous said...

So awesome. Yay for boys! What a funny little guy!

Momma Megan said...

Congratulations!!! Fun way to tell your guys!

Ali said...

Congrats Stephanie. This was too funny. It made me laugh out loud. I am sure this boy will be just as darling as your first two!

Tyler and Margaret said...

I also laughed out loud!! Little Ethan, he cracks me up. Congrats!!

Lucy said...

Three boys is a great dynamic. I’m sure Ethan will come ‘round, though you have to smile at his honest reaction:) Congratulations!

Ringo and Company said...

Yay! That's fun.

MollyJae said...

We are laughing at this video every day. Ethan is so cute. Congratulations.

Artesia said...

Congratulations Stephanie! I just might have to steal this idea. We are finding out if our baby is a boy or girl tomorrow. I am glad to catch up even if it is just by reading your blog every now and then.

Megan Bleazard said...

Congrats!

Erica said...

Poor Ethan :(. Congrats on the baby boy! What a fun surprise!

Bryce and Jessica said...

Yay for little boys!! So, I think you should submit your video to America's Funniest Home Videos, because Ethan and Caden's reactions are hilarious! I can't wait to meet this new baby!

heathermommy said...

Congratulations. It is so fun to finally know! Ethan is so sweet. I just figure we get what we are supposed to get and it all works out. Don't ever let anyone make you feel bad for having all boys!