February 14, 2013

The Valentine Matrix Mystery

Last night after the boys were in bed I made a maze of yarn around the house for the boys to follow to find their Valentines.  I tried to keep a clear path from their bedroom to the bathroom in case they had to get up in the night.  I also made sure to warn Clark that he would have to jump over to strings on his way out the door in the morning.
At midnight I heard little feet coming up the stairs, and then Ethan yelling, "what is all this rope?"  Clark got him a drink and put him back to bed and assured him the rope was okay and he'd find out about it in the morning.
This morning Ethan ran into my room, "Mom, there is a mystery, there is string all over the house."  Once Caden woke up they found the starting point with their names to solve the "mystery."


They followed their strings until they found their little Valentine gifts.  Caden kept yelling, "oh my goodness."  After they found the gifts I heard lots of, "I wuv it, I wuv it, this is my best present ever," from Ethan.

And now my cutest little Valentine of the day in all of his pre-nap sleepy glory!
Cute little outfit compliments of Grammy.

Don't let his face fool you...He loves this holiday!
And then I got the sweetest, most sentimental, heart felt Valentine from Clark this morning in my inbox:
And if you knew Clark, you would know how much this really means!!!

Our Valentine's Day is off to a great start!  Hope you have a LOVEly day too!

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Once again, you get the fun mom prize! What a fun idea. And to be more loved than bacon? Lucky girl!

Kelly said...

Quinn is very cute. He's getting big too. Whats happening to our babies!

Erica said...

I agree with Lucy. You are definitely a fun mom!

heathermommy said...

so cute - I need to remember to check your blog more often!!