October 20, 2013

Because They Change So Fast

When I first had Ethan I remember someone telling to take lots of videos, because the cute things they do are constantly changing.  So here are a few things from a month ago, that I just loved that have already changed.

A month ago when the Circus Afro song was played on our i-pod Quinn would go crazy!  It was his favorite.  He is a dancing fool and I thought it was so cute to see him moving his body to the music even before he could walk.  I put together this little video of a few of his dancing clips one afternoon.  I love it, for sure he'll be my future clogger!


In September Ethan transitioned from being walked back to his classroom line to being dropped off in the front of the school.  The drop-off quickly became one of my favorite moments of the day.  The safety patrol 5th grader helps him out of the car and always says, "have a nice day," Ethan usually replies, "I will."  All of the 5th graders usually start giggling and talking about how cute he is and then he always yells, "bye mom, I love you."   It melts my heart (and the heart of the staff member that is supervising the drop-off that day, I always hear a few "awwwws" as I'm driving away.  When I start to pull forward he thinks it is so fun to race the car.  He usually yells another good-by or I love you as he rounds the corner into the playground.  Watching his skinny little legs sprint along with the car and seeing his big mischievous grin and hearing him crack up just makes my day!  I'm glad I got a little video of it, because already the drop-off is just a drop-off, and although he still races the car at times I don't get so many screaming "I love yous" as he rounds the corner.


While Ethan is in school Quinn usually takes a nap and Caden and I enjoy our one on one time.  He is my snuggle buddy.  He is also my tornado.  He is completely independent and helps himself to any and everything he wants to.  He is so into creating projects lately that usually involve permanent markers, rolls of tape, glue sticks, and cutting paper into many tiny pieces and leaving nothing protected in his wake.  The mess is insane, but I'm trying to appreciate his creativity.
This is currently hanging on my wall (it's a robot)

2 comments:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Grammy loves her boogie - baby! He can feel it clear down to his toes! LUV it!!! The other two . . . what can I say . . . just perfect! How did I get 4 perfect grandchildren! I am blessed. . . and did I mention that they are smart, creative, sweet, not so angelic, and perfectly adorable!!!

Kelly said...

Cute cute stuff on all your latest posts. Sara loves to make projects and they always involve cutting things into tiny pieces that never get cleaned up by anyone else but me. Oh well, right?!