October 20, 2013

Ethan's Fall Soccer Season

Saturday, Ethan had his final soccer game for the season.  This fall has been so fun, the weather was usually nice, and Ethan really got into the game this year.  There was a girl on his team that was really good, when they would do one-on-one drills at practice she could usually beat him...well, this made him mad...in fact, I'm pretty sure this was the first time we've ever seen a bit of a competitive spirit come out in Ethan.  His first game he came out and scored 8 goals!  We were all a little shocked, last year we referred to Ethan the soccer player as Ferdinand (as in the gentle bull).  When I asked him after the game how it felt to score 8 goals he said, "scary, they were all a little littler than me, I have more skills."
Well, the 3 goals he scored in his next game seemed like a bit of a let down after starting the season with 8, but he really did have fun.  His teammates and coach were awesome!  He seemed a little tall out there on the Mighty Mite field, at his game on Saturday I heard a Dad on the other team say about Ethan, "they need to check that kid for steroids, he's so fast."  I will admit Clark was a little proud to hear that comment.  We are both laughing knowing that he has another season in this league before he will age out.

What could that be in Clark's jacket?

Just a Caden...he was a supportive little brother all season.



 We love our little soccer star!

1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

Go Ethan!!!! Ferdinand . . . Schmerdinand!