Sometimes simple errands or chores seem so much harder than they need to be with little boys in tow. Last week I had 4 places I had to go, and I wanted to make it quick so Quinn could be home before he needed a nap and melted down. Of course we had to use the bathroom in Sam's Club...twice. Then another bathroom stop was needed 20 mins. later at Walmart. Of course we were in the middle of the store and had to run to find a potty...this rest stop did not go quickly (enough said). Then I had a "code 1" called on me at Hobby Lobby (the details I would rather not record for my posterity). The errand afternoon was just frustrating.
But then a few hours later this happened:
Seriously, you need to watch this video...the moves are amazing!
And I realized that although little boys may not be the ideal errand buddies, they sure make our life fun and fill our home with laughter!
A little more fun is when Ethan wears his first Halloween costume (it's a size 12 month). It takes the phrase "guess what? chicken butt," to a WHOLE new level.
This happens regularly, but I die laughing every single time I see it.
I laugh out loud regularly at the things that come out of their mouths. A few weeks ago at church during sacrament meeting Caden was quietly coloring when all of a sudden, out of nowhere, he loudly says in his low voice, AKWARD! That was AKWARD!." We were sitting close enough to the front that I'm pretty sure the speaker could hear. It cracked us up.
Speaking of akward, when Ethan heard the song Called to Serve, he thought when the choir was singing, "onward ever onward," they were really singing, "akward ever akward." He asked us later whey they would sing that.
Yesterday we watched one of Ethan's friends because his dad worked the night shift and needed to sleep during the day. As we explained the situation to Ethan in all seriousness he said, "oh, so his dad is nocturnal." Cracked me up!
We have to be really careful about what we say around Caden right now. He hears and repeats everything. Last week Clark was talking to me about his fantasy football game and made a comment about how he was killing his opponent. Later Caden asked, "Dad, why do you kill people?' Oh dear.
We never know what will come out of Caden's mouth. In the last little while I have heard him talk about how his other family lives in Fort Collins. Not sure where that came from. When one of our friends asked him if his Dad was at work at the hospital, he said, "no, he's in a fashion show." Really, really do not know where that one came from.
So happy for the fun these boys bring!


No comments:
Post a Comment