The day before we left Quinn had a chest cold, I took him to the doctor and because of his allergies they gave us a breathing machine. The doctor reassured me that within 24 hrs. he would be a new kid. The next morning he seemed better so I felt okay about leaving. I put him down for his afternoon nap and headed for the airport. My mom flew in about the same time we got to the airport and drove back to Greeley to take care of the boys. When she arrived to our home (we were in the air at this point) she found a sick, lethargic baby in his baby-sitter's arms with a temperature of 105! She got his fever down a little, and with the baby-sitter's help gave him a breathing treatment, but when we landed and I called to check in I was worried sick. I just about turned around and flew back home right then and there. But Grammy Tammy took care of Quinn and nursed him back to health. By the next morning I knew he was a sick little guy, but was starting to get better...so I could enjoy our getaway.
We stayed in the hotel where Clark's conference took place. It was awesome! The hotel was right in the heart of Hollywood, attached to the Hollywood and Highland shopping area. It was so fun!
This was the view from our hotel window. And I will admit I spent a lot of time lounging on the bed, napping, watching movies, and enjoying the view. Clark would call at lunch to see where I was at and most days I was still in my pajamas. One day after watching a few movies I realized it was almost 5, Clark would be done with his conference and ready to play and I hadn't really moved from my bed all day. It was great!
Clark and I had a lot of fun exploring Hollywood. It's crazy down there! Our hotel was right across the street from Jimmy Kimmel Live, I stood in line one afternoon trying to get us in and missed by just a few people.
![]() |
| Bowling at Lucky Strikes Lanes, fancy bar food and a night club feel. Definitely a unique bowling experience. |
![]() |
![]() |
| Unfortunately we didn't get to eat at Rusy Mullet. |
![]() |
| Re-living the honeymoon with dinner at Bubba Gump's. |
I totally talked Clark into playing this game one night on Santa Monica pier because I knew he could win! It took two tries. I was a great coach! I was so into it, cheering and yelling commands to him I didn't notice that I had drawn a crowd of people to come see what the fuss was about. I was a little embarrassed with my over the top reaction to him winning this lovely Hello Kitty doll...but what can I say, it was exciting!
We took a spin on the ferris wheel and it was slightly terrifying...probably more scary than romantic.
Especially when the shark attacked us.
Hoping for one of these kids-less trips again soon!























3 comments:
Grammy is hoping for one of those trips for you again too! You know where to find me!
You look relaxed and beautiful in all the pictures! Every mom needs a good getaway!
You are so lucky to have your mom. I know very few moms (grandmas) who volunteer to do that. I'm glad Quinn's temp went down and he didn't have to go in. That is a pretty high temp. Eek.
Post a Comment