On Monday Caden, Quinn and I headed to Miller Farm with the Imagination Station field trip. For $5 we got to take a hay ride to 5 different fields and harvest a bag full of vegetables at each stop. Caden was the best helper. He worked on digging this carrot out of the field for several minutes with his bare fingers. When we finally got it out of the ground, he was so proud. He carried it around like a trophy.
 |
| All the produce we found. Lots of yummy soups at our house this week! |
 |
| Such a fun fall day with my little buddies! |
I was glad we had a chance to harvest a few root vegetables. We tried (especially Clark) to grow beets and carrots in our little square foot garden this year. They looked awesome from the top. We were expecting a great harvest. Clark went out to pick them, and this is what he came inside with. I couldn't help but burst out into singing the hymn of Thanksgiving.
1 comment:
Wow . . . tons of veggies for $5. What a fun field trip. The carrots were amazing. I usually grow them like Clark. . . yep I quit!
Post a Comment