At 2 Quinn is a talker. He actually surprises most people by how clearly he speaks. Like on Halloween night when he turned down a piece of candy a kid offered him by saying, "I can't eat that I'm allergic." I laugh at how he tries to reason with us. He has an old soul and I'm pretty sure he's smarter than us all. One afternoon as I was tucking him in for his nap we couldn't find his stuffed animal Woodstock. So I found it under the bed and handed it to Quinn. He just looked at me and said, "nice work mom, nice work." Although, he has rarely found himself in time-out, he has started to put himself in time-out when he thinks he has done something wrong, "I'll go to time-out now Mommy."
He is a little tease. He loves to put on a show and get his big brothers laughing. He also has a pretty great maniacal fake laugh that he can turn on too.
When he gets tucked in at night he loves to snuggle with his two giraffes, "raffies," his Dolly Pie, and his sheep blankie. Every night as I'm tucking him in he says, "temple one," so I sing I love to see the temple. Then he says, "Jesus," so I sing Jesus wants me for a sunbeam. He also loves to give a kiss, butterfly kiss, a nosey, and a cheek to cheek before bed. He still wakes up sometimes at night and usually starts crying and yelling, "mommy I need a nuggle." So I get up and put him next to me in bed, I usually try to push him away a little so I can have some space, but he knows what he wants and sidles up right next to me!



His favorites at age two are peanut butter sandwiches, bananas and almond milk. Besides the Sunbeam song he loves to sing, "Let it Go," "Ba ba bass (all about that bass)", and "shake it off." He still loves balls and sports. His favorite team is BYU, which he pronounces "Bayou." The other day he found a chicken nugget in the shape of a Y and said, "Look mom, a bayou nugget." He loves to pull up his shirt and say "belly bump," and then crash into his brothers.
I made this video about 2 months ago, and forgot to post it...crazy how much they've changed already!
His clear speaking also makes for some embarrassing moments. A few weeks ago we were at church in Durango listening to our nephew speak after returning from his mission. During the sacrament it was very quiet and Quinn loudly announced, "mommy just tooted." For the record, mommy had not tooted at church!
This newly turned 2 is a delight in every way!



4 comments:
Can't wait to see the smartie of smartie pants! Remind me not to sit by him in Church!
He is adorably smart. What a fabulous 2 year-old!
Very cute! He and Abby would have fun together!
Quinn is such a cutie and so smart!!
Post a Comment