November 18, 2014

Halloween 2014

Halloween this year was so much fun!  I love planning the parties and festivities.  I love making the boys costumes.  This year Ethan wanted to be a gumball machine.  It took a lot of searching to finally find a container big enough for his head (thanks to Sams Club for the Halloween pretzel filled pumpkin).  I decided to be Mary had a little lamb with my little Quinn...I figured it was my last chance to dress him up how I wanted.  Caden wanted to be a bat, so I made him a cute little costume.  Apparently, the eyes on the bat looked exactly like Toothless from the movie How to Train Your Dragon, the first time Caden wore it people kept calling him Toothless...so he decided he didn't like his costume and chose to bring out the pinata again for another year.  Clark threw his costume together in 2 mins...a deranged turkey hunter!


On Halloween Day Caden had a preschool party and I was in charge of Ethan's class party at school.  At Ethan's party at school we made two discoveries:
1.  It is very difficult to eat party food with a bubble gum machine on your head.
2.  Gum isn't allowed at school!  Ethan insisted on having me sew a secret pocket onto his costume so that he could pass out gumballs to all of his friends.  He started to pass them around his class and then was quickly reminded that gum isn't allowed!  Oops!  Poor little gumball machine!


That night our ward had a trunk-or-treat, then we met up with our friends the Fowlers for trick-or-treating.  We finished the night with cheap "boo-ritos" from Chipotle!

Just a pinata enjoying a burrito.
Uncle Weston was here in a cow suit for Halloween night.


Our Frozen friends ended up with sleeping boys at Chipotle.
With Grandma Karen at cousin Henry's school carnival the weekend before Halloween in Durango.
Uncle Weston just had to try it on.



This is probably my favorite Halloween picture this year.  Scarlett was here the night before Halloween so we found a carnival to go to.  She didn't want to pose.  The confused look on Quinn's face is priceless.

Can't forget the pumpkin fun too!  Loved picking the best of the patch and painting them festive for our front porch.





Ethan did Spiderman, Caden did a superhero, and Quinn a yellow minion.
Love this exhausting and fun holiday!

1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

I love the costumes! Looks like it was a crazy fun October . . . glad things always slow down for the holidays! :-)