Does this look dangerous to you? All I can say is it is a good thing Papa Peters has cat-like reflexes!
Lots of Play Time:
Ethan tucked Grandpa in and 40 seconds later said, "time to wake up Papa Peters." No time for napping around here!
Indianola National Balloon Classic:
On Saturday night we braved the crazy traffic and drove to Indianola for the hot-air balloon festival. We got there right in time as all of the balloons started the mass ascension. It was almost whimsical to see the balloons floating over the beautiful green Iowa fields.
We loved watching this giant jack in the box take flight. It went right over our heads.
After the balloons Ethan enjoyed the kiddie play area, especially the barrel train.
After going through this inflatable train Ethan was excited to see his grandparents! Before any of us could stop him he ran back and went through the train backwards, just getting the most out of his ticket I suppose.
Dinner at the Iowa Machine Shed (twice):
Besides having good food, this restaurant is a fun experience! We took a tractor wagon ride around the parking lot, admired the old tractors and farming equipment, and enjoyed the variety of bacon paraphernalia in the gift shop (who knew you could buy bacon flavored chapstick).
Learning about tractors from the expert.
Heritage Carousel:
I'm pretty sure Ethan had more fun taking a shower and playing in the gutter run off at the edge of the carousel, it doesn't take much to please this kid.
Iowa Cubs Baseball Game:
Grandpa caught this T-shirt for Ethan (much to the dismay of the woman pictured by Ethan's feet - she really thought she had it).
It's hard to watch a baseball game when this little grinner is around.
We LOVE our parents! I think it is so much fun to see our parents love our kids and see our kids adore their grandparents.
This little boy felt like the King of World for the last 2 weeks!
Thanks so much for coming, we miss you all!
2 comments:
Looks like so much fun. I'm so glad it was a fun weekend. I must have some bacon flavored chapstick. Yummy!!
Thanks for a great visit! We loved it . . . . . miss you all!!! Love ya!
Post a Comment