Oh dear, maybe we are doing too many time-outs around here?!
This cute brown dog is actually Clark's childhood stuffed animal named Joseph. One night Clark was still at school when it was time to tuck Ethan into bed, and he was rather sad that his Dad wasn't home to say good-night. I told him that since Joseph was his dad's dog, if he hugged Joseph it would be just like hugging Daddy. Ever since then Joseph has become a favorite and has to be in Ethan's bed everynight.
Poor Joseph, he has been through the washer a few too many times, and Clark was quite dismayed to find out his soft brown nose is peeling away to be a hard plastic pink! We tried to take Joseph away from the bedtime routine to protect him through this next generation...but NO WAY! He is loved too much. And in case you are wondering why Ethan calls him Josephina (or Josapina as he says it)...one day I accidentally called him Josephina, it just came out...and it stuck. Ethan now adds "phina" to the end of many names...Mommaphina, Cadenphina, etc. Poor Clark felt like I was trying to feminize his childhood.
1 comment:
Tell Clark the dog's name is Josa. Even I love that dog. That's so cool that Clark still has him. Ahh, time outs, the bain of childhood, huh! Makes me laugh!
Post a Comment