February 21, 2011

Bargain Shopping Queen

So my mom is good at many things, she's great at many things too, but she is absolutely a PRO when it comes to bargain shopping! I think it is a trait that she taught well to all of her children. I love finding a good deal, but today I hit the jackpot!

Today Clark was able to score 2 tickets to the previously sold out Gala...aren't I the spoiled wife, a Substitution Gala and the real Gala, how do I rate?

Today I also found a coupon for $10 off any purchase that was at least $10 at JCPenney's, so I thought I would just go browse the winter formal clearance section to see if there were any good deals. Well, I found this little blackberry colored number on sale for $9.97! So the kind lady who sold it to me entered it in as $10 so I could use my coupon...I ended up paying $0.00! I almost felt guilty like a thief or something, on the bottom of my receipt she circled the part that said, "You saved $90." I got 100% off of a $90 dress...seriously, how can you beat that?

My Free Dress, that I love even more because it was FREE!

Since it is a different color I thought I would browse the clearance shoe rack at Younker's just to see if there was anything good that might match. Well, it was my lucky day I found these little puppies on a yellow dot sale, so I saved an additional 80% off the clearance, so I got my regularly $39 shoes, for $6.15 (and that included tax).

Grand Total: $6.15 for a brand new Gala outfit. Man, finding a good deal can be thrilling, I feel a bit like a rock star right now!

7 comments:

MollyJae said...

Have Fun!!! What great deals!!!

Momma Megan said...

You ARE a rock star! Way to go!

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

It's fab!!!!! You will look awesome! Luv it!

Pegela said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous.

Joe said...

That dress is so cute! I am going to hire you to be my personal shopper.

Joe said...

The last comment was really me (LauriAnn) but I am sure that Joe, too, would find this post inspiring.

Jerry said...

Nicely done!!!