February 14, 2011

Substitution Gala

For the past 2 years Clark and I have gone to the DMU Gala with our friends. It has been such a fun date to look forward to each year. This year the school decided they couldn't afford to host such an extravagant party, so the venue changed, limiting the number of tickets.
In January when Clark went to buy tickets he found out they were sold out!!! I was so sad...but Clark planned a surprise substitution gala for us last Saturday night, and it was so much fun!
Instead of wearing our fancy clothes each couple had to dress alike. Clark and I wore our matchy Pilsbury doughboy jammy pants.
We met at our friends house and Clark presented me with my Valentine gift (which also happened to be our activity for the night). He got me Just Dance 2 for the Wii! We had the BEST dance party! It was so much fun! I honestly have to say that our friends danced a lot more playing the Wii game than they would have at the Gala.


It was such a fun date night! As we were driving home Clark reminded me of another fun date we had with very similar circumstances before we were married. Clark asked me to BYU's Homecoming. On a Sunday morning when I looked out my window I saw my invitation to the dance in our apartment complex parking lot.

Clark had cut out every letter by hand! (In Romanian too)

I honestly can't remember how I answered him, but it was something creative I'm sure. Anyway, a few days before the dance Clark went to buy tickets and all of the dances were completely sold out! He felt so bad, but I didn't mind. We went to Salt Lake and had dinner at Benihana's, then we came back to my apartment and had our own dance party! We had so much fun until the neighbors from below came and asked us politely to quiet down (apparently, when I busted out my tap shoes it was just too much)!

Clark is the best! I loved my surprise Substitution Gala! Clark has rhythm, he can shake his groove thang with the best of them!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like all his New Year's Eve dances at home have really paid off!

Lucy said...

Looks so fun. I've been eying that game but I never play the Wii so thought it might be a waste of money. Now I may need to reconsider.