For one unit we had to learn drawing, we were required to do a charcoal self-portrait, and a pencil profile portrait of someone else.
Let's just say my calling in life is not to be an ar-teest!
When I was packing the other day I found these two little gems and couldn't stop laughing. I hung them up (the only thing left on our walls), Clark cracked up when he got home. I'm sad to say my beautiful art did not make the cut for another move, so I had to take a picture before I tossed them.
This one I like to call "Alien Girl in Thought."
This one I lovingly call "Neanderthal."
Clark and I were dating when I got the assignment, so he was my model. For hours he sat there while I did my best to catch his very essence (did you notice I even got the little ear fold he has?). When I finally let him see my end result it was a little blow to his self esteem, he said something along the lines of, "is this what I really look like, do I look like a Neanderthal to you?!"
Seriously, I can't stop laughing when I look at these. My art is a success! The best part was that my teacher all through the course kept saying how we could take our art portfolio in for job interviews and really impress a principal, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have got my first teaching job showing up with these little charmers.
If you are looking for a profile sketch I work for cheap!
5 comments:
Awesome! Can you come and draw me and the kids?!
Wow! That really made me laugh! Awesome. I can't believe you're not bringing them with you. Definitely worth carting all across the country!
Rick and I laughed and laughed at this!!
It looks like you guys had a ball at Kaden's B-day! Wish we could have been there!! I hope your move went well and you made it to Indiana safe :)!!
Oh Stephanie, you make me laugh. Really, all morning I've been laughing. I love you can laugh too, so fun. I think you should do the boys and make a family collage of them.
Post a Comment