May 15, 2011

A Real Iowa Tea Party (not the political kind)


For my mom's Mother's Day gift I wanted to have a fun Mother-Daughter date while my mom was in town. After a little researching I got us tickets to a Gone With The Wind Tea Party!


We started our adventure driving through the beautiful Iowa countryside to New Virginia, Iowa where we found this quaint farm house that had been converted to our English tea room.


I told my mom that wild hats were required for the event, so we went shopping and found these lovely fascinators (on sale for $2)!


We were the last ones to show up for the tea party (always fashionably late) and quickly discovered we were the only ones to be wearing hats. HA! We had some ladies ask to take our pictures! Everyone made comments like, "you must have gotten those for the royal wedding." Oh no, I informed them I had a much more formal hat for the wedding, this is simply my Saturday tea attire.

We also discovered that they had no record of a reservation for Stephanie and Tammy, but they did have a table reserved for Bethany and Pam (bad cell phone coverage in New Virginia?).



So with our new aliases as Bethany and Pam (the wearers of large fascinators) we found our seats.


We thoroughly enjoyed our 4 course tea luncheon and water (not being tea drinkers and all).




Then Miss Scarlett herself graced us with a witty little monologue!



We loved looking at the wonderful displays of antiques.


But the highlight for sure was meeting the queen herself! She loved our fascinators!!!


We loved our real Iowa Tea Party!

1 comment:

Jeff and Tammy Peterson said...

I love our fascinators! Love to you all . . . . .miss you too much!!!!! Thanks for a great visit!!!!!!!