October 1, 2011

Our Travels to Destination E: Tacoma

Oh wait...we didn't have to travel to Clark's next rotation! Lucky us, Clark is able to commute to Tacoma so we get to stay here another month!!! It is so nice getting 2 months in the same place. Instead of packing and traveling we got to have the best family day together.

We got to lounge around on our floor (we have no furniture so it makes for plenty of room to play) and watch General Conference on our computer in our jammies.



A game of conference BINGO kept Ethan at least kind of listening.


Then we went to our local fire station's open house. It was so much fun and so many free things including popcorn, cotton candy and ice cream cones...the 2012 Hot Firefighters calendar was not free though, so I didn't get one of those.


Ethan got to do a fun obstacle course where he got to put on the fireman clothes, spray out the fire, ride a giant trike to the smoking house, climb a ladder and rescue a baby doll. He loved it!



I hope this is the last time I see E Money in the back of a police car.


Caden LOVES dogs and was having so much fun talking to this rescue dog, until the dog reached out and ate his ice cream cone right out of his hand! This face was right after the cone was swiped.



Ethan learned all about fire safety in the "smoke house." All night he has been asking random questions, "what do you do if your favorite toy is on fire? what do you do if your clothes are on fire?, etc." I think he learned a lot and thought it was cool to crawl through the smoke filled room and down the ladder.


The pictures now hanging on our fridge to prove we had a good time!


That evening while Clark was at the Priesthood session of conference the boys and I went to the Scarecrow Fest in downtown Sumner. A dancer's company came dressed as scarecrows and basically sat still in different positions all along the streets. When a certain song would come on they would all come to life and start dancing. A little creepy, but the boys loved it.





Here is one of the scarecrows in the background, this girl was GOOD, I don't even think she blinked.



Ethan watching the frolicking scarecrows once they came to life.


What a fun day! I'm so happy to have one more month here...to enjoy the beautiful sights of Seattle area.



The view from our backyard! This cloud was so cool!



A dinner picnic at a lake near our house.



Seattle temple.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you guys get to stay another month. You are so amazing that you always find this really cool free stuff to do. Ethan looks awesome as a firefighter, but not so much as a bad guy. Poor Ethan and his ice cream cone. It made my kids feel better to know Gabby's not the only one to eat out of their hands. And too bad the calendar wasn't free. So sad!