When we moved up here I got a great idea from my friend Debbie, I noticed that she had the Gospel Art Book sitting by her kitchen table on an easel. She told me that at breakfast she picks a picture and tells the story to her son. So we've started the tradition at our house, my boys love having their scripture story while they eat their breakfast.
I love that Ethan is at an age where he really is learning, he remembers and he asks great questions. It is pretty fun for me to hear the things he is learning come out while he is playing.
The other day when Clark got home he was so excited to tell him about Daniel and the Lion's Den that he kept calling Daniel, Dandelion.
The house we are living in now has a giant bath tub, my boys think it is a swimming pool and love to go "swimming." Every once in a while they can convince Clark to put on his swim suit and jump in with them. The other night Ethan kept dumping a tupperware full of water on Clark's head. When Clark asked him why he was doing that I think he was pretty surprised to hear Ethan say, "I need to wash you seven times so you can be healed from your leprosy," (he had learned about Naaman that morning). It made us laugh.
1 comment:
That is such a great idea. I love it. I have also loved reading to my kids from the Book of Mormon Stories version. It's all pictures. We would just read a page a day and they have figured out some of the stories. This year we are reading the real Book of Mormon to go with the primary theme and I have to say I'm excited to get back to the picutre version. I want to get the Old and New Testament picture version.
Post a Comment