October 1, 2011

What Only Kids Can Do

There are just some things that children can do better than anyone else...

1. Kids are the best snugglers.



Nothing is better than getting a spontaneous hug and kiss from a child.


2. Kids know how to turn a frown upside down. They can go from sad to happy in seconds.






I love how Caden can go from giggling, to hitting his head, and then back to giggling in less than 30 seconds.

3. Kids are quick to forgive, and then they really forget and move on.




I don't know how I managed to catch this candid moment of Clark giving Ethan the "you are this close buddy" lecture, and Ethan picking his nose...clearly he has moved on.



4. Kids can really enjoy their food...no worries about calories here!



5. Kids can stay in the squat position for hours! Show me an adult who can do that!



6. Kids actually look really cute in footed pajamas.




I know they make them in adult sizes too...but I said look cute.


7. Kids make the best personal trainers.



Jillian Michaels can yell at me from the DVD all she wants, but Caden adding the extra resistance to every plank, push up and sit up brings the real burn!



8. Kids see the fun in everyday things.



The other day Ethan created this sculpture with his breakfast and said, "look mom, it's Uncle Weston!"


A cardboard box and a belt brought pure joy here:




So maybe Clark should get a little credit for that one...I guess kids and good Dads see the fun in everyday things.


I'm grateful everyday for my two little boys who can teach me things better than anyone else!

"Behold your little ones, and see within them the wonders of God, from whose presence they have recently come." Gordon B. Hinckley

2 comments:

Erica said...

I love how Ethan loves his Uncle Weston ;). Great job at exercising! I bet it is hard with kids running around!

Kelly said...

So true!! Such cute boys!