On Saturday we went to Denver Zoo Lights...38 acres of lights! The boys sang Christmas songs on our drive.
The boys singing Christmas songs together may be my favorite part of the season this year. When Ethan was 2, he could sing the tune of any song perfectly, even when we couldn't understand the words. Let's just say it is the complete opposite for little Caden. He can say all the words, but every song is sung in the same one low note. It is too funny! So for your listening pleasure I present Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer:It really was a fun family activity. I fed and changed Quinn when we first got there and then bundled him up in his little brown bear suit, and several blankets...he just snoozed away toasty and warm the whole time we were there.
| Ethan in his dog hat waiting to smack the pinata. |
The carousel was probably the boys favorite part of the night and also the craziest part of the night! We were first in line for the next ride so I sat there talking to the boys about which animals they wanted to ride. They decided on the 2 polar bears that were next to each other. There were two 13 year old girls right behind us clearly listening to our conversation, they knew the boys were going to run for the polar bears as soon as they gave the guy their tokens. We were literally within 2 feet of the polar bears when the 2 teen girls pushed the boys out of the way and jumped on the polar bears. I couldn't believe it! Both boys started to mourn their polar bears, so I quickly put them on the dolphin and elephant in front of the polar bears and acted like it was no big deal. Then I turned around to give the girls a "what the heck" look and they were totally smirking and whispering snooty little things. I just ignored them, but I'm hoping they get a lump of coal in their stockings this year.
The best part of the whole night may have been when we left the zoo hungry and cold and made it to Cafe Rio in 6 minutes. The one mishap happened on the way home when we were driving along the highway and Ethan started yelling that he was really going to have a "wipeout." We were laughing wondering what a "wipeout" was until he informed us a "wipeout" is when you wet your pants. So we pulled over, and almost made it home without a "wipeout."



1 comment:
Wow. I can't believe those girls did that to cute little kids. Jerks. Ethan is hilarious!!! I will have to tell Weston to not wipeout in the car. LOL!
Post a Comment